Monday, August 17, 2009

MORE LETTERS TODAY!!!!!

President Hale, Sister Hale, and Sister Denson
August 11, 2009

Letter from President Hale.

(If you click on the letter, you can read the text.)

Then...as if that weren't enough, we got a handwritten letter from Sammi. She wrote it August 12, the day after she arrived in Ft. Lauderdale!

Hello from Florida! Or, should I be more specific? Like Boca Raton? Jealous, Maddi? You should be. It's beautiful here! My skin and myself are enjoying the moisture. My hair, not so much. Anyway, both flights were awesome. We got off the plane and "freshened up" and walked out and both President and Sister Hale were waiting for us! I LOVE THEM!!!! We went to our hotel, dropped our stuff off, went to the GORGEOUS mission home, at her version of Cafe Rio Burritos, role played while the Pres was doing interviews, had the longest orientation of my life--only cause we were exhausted, then went to bed. So we were up from 2:10 UT time to 12:30 FL time, then woke up at 5:45. To say the least, I'm beat!

Okay, so here's the scoop: My companion's name is Sister Pirotta, she's from Arkansas, has the curliest brown hair, and I love her to death already. She's amazing. We room with two other sisters, and one of them is Sister Lowe from the MTC. It makes me so happy. She's like my day-to-day mom (she's 25 & very motherly), and Sister Hale is my mission mom. I already know this transfer is going to be awesome. I have pictures of me and Sister Pirotta already.

Alright, well I hope you got the picture of me with President and Sister Hale on my first official day in the field. I have to go to bed now, but I'll tell you more about everythhing on Monday at 10:00am-ish FL time.

I love you!

Love Sister Denson/Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment