As you see from the heading I am staying in Miami! YES!!! I LOVE IT HERE!! We have had some way awesome experiences, as you can see in my email to President.
We weren't able to see Victor this week. We don't know why, but we will figure it out. He hasn't come to church yet, but he came to a baptism last week and loved it. We keep praying that he will come to church.
Mom, here is a response to your email:
1. That is totally awesome about Sister Gwynn! I am so proud of her!
2. That is SO AWESOME that Becky, Brigham and Celeste went to the Temple this week! I wish I could have seen that sealing! Tell them all I am so happy for them and congratulations!
3. The picture for the white jacket didn't come through, but if it's cute, sure! Size 6 is good for me! I love the patterned skirts and I would definitely like more of them. I also LOVE the pattern for the gray skirt. Mostly because it has pockets. I love them!! I wish all skirts had pocket!
4. Just put my tax return into savings. Thanks:) That is awesome that you got to talk to Scott this week. I've thought once or twice to send them a card or something. I think I might buy some postcards today, so maybe I'll send them one...
5. That is the cutest note from Mikaela!! I'll definitely send her a note today.
6. I actually just met Beth Story on Sunday. I don't know anything about her. She lives in the Elders area and we are still trying to get to know our own members, so I don't know her at all.
7. They have my bike. They are actually bringing it to me this week, unfortunately. I'm not excited, but there is nothing I can do about it. I don't think they have a temp one yet for Sister Schulthies, so I won't be riding mine until they get her one. Tell Scott and Carl that if they can invent a helmet that doesn't give me helmet hair, then I'd be totally fine with getting a bike. :):) Oh, speaking of Carl: Have him ask Kellan if he knew an Elder Navarro from Miami. I saw his plaque on Sunday at the church. He comes home in August. He's serving in Oakland.
8. Sorry, I haven't been sending President's emails. I just keep forgetting.
9. I got my GPS case on Saturday. Thank you so much for it! It makes me feel a lot more comfortable to put it in my bag.
10. I got to see Sister Olson a couple of weeks ago, but was planning on calling her today to say goodbye. Today is her last day, then she gets to go to the Temple tomorrow and then flies home on Thursday.
11. Yes, both the Kendall Sisters are staying. We all LOVED the pillowcases and I especially love my blanket. I love it so much that I put it on top of the Princesses!!!!! I love it so much! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12. I can't believe Randy comes home so soon! I better get one last letter to him before he goes home!
13. My Spanish isn't coming along well at all. I honestly have no desire to learn it right now, so I just pray every day for a softened heart. I just plug through though and continue to learn it. I haven't talked to anyone on the street yet. I don't have that much confidence yet!!
14. I can't believe I have to start thinking about my birthday already! I do like the idea of you making me a backpack though. Just kind of a mini one. I actually thought of the small Vera Bradley ones the other day, but know that they are expensive. If you could make something like that, that would rock!! Oh, also some more of the Shades tops that we got for me. I have two of them, but sometimes they are just way more comfortable than a tank. Maybe a couple more white, a black and some fun colors. Only if they are on sale though. Oh, and I am buying Jessika's birthday present today, just to let you know. Nothing expensive of course.
I have had a wonderful week. As you can see in President's email. It was by far the most amazing experience I have had thus far. We were all crying because we could feel the spirit so strong and we knew that Will, her husband, has accepted the gospel and is ready to be baptized. He's just waiting on her to get the things she needs to in order for her to go to the temple. It was AMAZING!!
I'm sorry this email was lame, but I wrote a long one to President today. Sorry, time flies so fast when you only have one hour to read and email!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
LOVE, Sister Denson
PS We all sleep much better at night because of these pillowcases! :):)
NOTE: I (Mom) had seen this material on websites before Sammi even left. They've had "Elder" missionary fabric for a long time but nothing for the sisters! (NO FAIR!!) I've stalked the fabric stores and websites since she left and FINALLY it became available right before New Years. I grabbed a bunch, made the rag blanket and then decided to make all the sisters matching pillowcases to celebrate Sammi's "6-month Birthday" last Friday. I'm so glad they liked it!! :D
THIS IS PART OF SAMMI'S WEEKLY EMAIL TO PRESIDENT HALE. IT WAS SUCH A SPECIAL, SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE, I ASKED IF I COULD POST IT. SHE SAID THAT WOULD BE GREAT!
AN EXCERPT FROM PRESIDENT HALE'S EMAIL TO THE MISSIONARIES:
It’s been an interesting few days at the mission home. The wife of the Haiti Port-au-Prince Mission President was airlifted out of of Haiti a few days ago following the quake with her two young boys, ages 5 and 7. She was due to deliver a baby at any time and we’re now pleased to announce that she delivered a healthy 6 ½ pound baby girl this evening. Sister Welch was amazing! She was right there every step of the way. Nice to have a nurse in the mission. I’ll bet she never anticipated assisting in the delivery of a baby on her mission! Nor did I really ever anticipate shopping for newborn diapers, clothing, car seat, etc. etc. for one of our little missionaries – but what an eventful day it has been. The happy father … a 29 year-old Haitian mission president is thrilled with the receipt of each additional emailed photograph of his new little one. Imagine that! So I guess that makes all of you Aunts and Uncles to little “Burnsey” (See photos below). Never a dull moment in the great Florida Ft. Lauderdale mission – We do it all!