Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29, 2010--AGH!!!!

So my package said not to open it until afternoon on Thankgiving. Needless to say my interest was peaked because I would squish the package but had no idea what it was. Becoming an aunt was the LAST thing I expected. It was 12:15. I grabbed the package and said I couldn't wait anymore! I opened it and saw the tiny snaps on the shirt and froze. I was just like, "Oh my gosh." Sister Katterfeld, "WHAT??"
Me, still staring out the window, standing frozen, "Oh my gosh." Jaw dropped.
Sister Katterfeld, "WHAT???!!!??!"
Me, starting in a regular tone to almost screaming, "My sister is PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Sister Katterfeld, "How do you know???"
I pulled it all out and was like, "I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!!!!"
Needless to say all I wanted to do was shout it from the rooftops! Holy Cow! I am so excited! I can't stop thinking about it. Next time I see you all Mal will be like 5 months pregnant!!!! I always dreamed of it, but when I was at home and no one was pregnant I just figured it would happen after I got home the second time... I always thought it would be cool to see my sister pregnant when I walked off the plane. Oh my gosh. It's going to happen. Thinking about it right now I hardly have any words to say, except, "I'm going to be the coolest oldest aunt on our side EVER!!!!!!!" Haha I want to go to doctor appointments and help shop and I would be so honored to quilt the baby's room stuff! Holy Cow I'm about to cry right now!!! Tearing up! After being out here and seeing so many broken families (to put it mildly) I can't wait to have all these neices and nephews and the some of my own. They'll all be so blessed to be born and raised into the covenant. Okay, I'm officially crying in the public library! I don't care.

Needless to say, Thanksgiving was the best day ever! You all know how much I don't care for the dinners. We eventually got invited to two different homes. Elder and Sister Martin made a whole Thanksgiving feast for us Nova missionaries. Force feed #1. Then we went over to the Perez family's for dinner. Amber, their daughter in the YSA, is leaving for her mission the same day Sister Katterfeld leaves. Sad. But I love their family a lot. Brother Perez is the high councilman for our branch and he is there just about every week. Alex, from the branch was there. He baptized Hannah, so you can look back in the pictures (see October baptisms). He's the red head. He's the funniest kid ever. It made dinner a hoot! Force feed #2.

It was so fun to be with Sister Katterfeld for her first official American Thanksgiving. Obviously they don't celebrate it in Austrailia.

Last night we got to go to a members home that his mom is from Austrailia. She cooked us a leg of lamb. Sister Katterfeld was in Heaven. It was good, but I wouldn't order it for a menu item. But the dessert was awesome. Pulmova, or something like that. Fabulous! Not too sweet.

I hope you all have a fabulous week! Thanks so much for everything!

Love, Sister Denson

No comments:

Post a Comment