Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16, 2010--Transfer #12

As I sort of mentioned in my email to President, Sister Christensen was sent home this morning. She has severe carpal tunnel in both hands and can't hardly function anymore. She is off to get surgery done, but we know she will come back a stronger, better missionary. As I too have. Please keep her in your prayers.


Hermana Felton came to us late Friday night and it has been SO fun to have four sisters in one companionship. LOL. We split all different ways. I have loved having her back and we have had some fun talks. And reminissing on the good ol' times of Kendall. I love her and admire her so much! I am going to miss her a lot!!! She's hopefully gotten into BYU Provo, and if she has, I'll see her in February! Yay!

We had a great day on Friday! We were able to have a member present lessons, get new investigators, extend and set baptismal dates, and help improve our members' faith. It was so great!!! Saturday though, of course, was hard. We went back down to 0 goals accomplished. That's the life of a missionary though. :)

Hermana Barros is also being transfered from this area, so tomorrow I get a new companion. I have NO idea who it will be, but I'm sure I'll be senior companion. That doesn't mean much, but I honestly don't know hardly any of the sisters in the mission any more. It's so weird. Sister Pirotta always said to me, "You know you're getting old in the mission when you don't even know half the missionaries." I never thought I'd get to that point, but it has officially come. I probably won't know anything about the sister that I get to serve with. So interesting!

Anyway--this Thursday is going to be a great way to start off the new transfer! We get to teach two World Religions classes at Broward College. Reverand Graff (the professor) has had the assistants teach these classes, when they get to Mormonism, for years, but this time he wants sisters. HAHA! The power of Sister Missoinaries!!! Woot woot! Anyway, it'll be a great way for me and my new companion to adjust to each others' ways of teaching, and we'll most definitely have to put our faith in Heavenly Father and pay very close attention to the spirit.

I am going to miss Hermana Barros so much! She makes me laugh ALL THE TIME!! She says the same about me though. LOL I just love her and admire her. I've wanted to serve with her since day one. We flew out together and I'm really glad I got to meet and serve with her.

I hope you all know how much I love being a missionary and how much I have a passion for The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know with all my heart He is MY Savior and Redeemer of the world. I have grown so much and it is only through Him that I have become a better person. The Book of Mormon changes lives. I've seen it change MANY lives, but most importantly my own.

I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!!

LOVE, Sister Denson

No comments:

Post a Comment