Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010--It's beginning to FEEL like Christmas! BRR!!

Hey Guys!

Wasn't that Christmas devotional wonderful last night? I absolutely love that President Uchtdorf pulled in the Grinch for us. He would. But He had a very good point about it all. It's so sad to see all the material things down here that people care for. They've got the money, so why not spend it. It's so sad. I'm grateful we get to share the gospel at such a beautiful time of year! Seeing all the Christmas decorations at the conference center last night made me really miss the snow! It's been really chilly down here. Especially for me. Twice this week I was so cold that my bones were hurting me. That's a bad sign.... Friday night I was in a lot of pain. My joints and bones hurt from being so cold. Saturday I could hardly walk because my left hip was just killing me. I took my anti-inflammatory and then had to ask the elders for some Tylenol (they live in the same complex as us). It dulled the pain, but didn't take it all away. I think sending my coat down would be a good idea. We always make fun of the people for wearing parkas, but I definitely need mine. Thanks!! I'm just really REALLY not looking forward to coming home in February of all months. I'm going to FREEZE, if not die.....

Like you see in my email to President we have had a great week! Our investigators are doing great and we have 2 with dates! Crystal, that came to the devotional last night, is outstanding. Sometimes it almost feels too good to be true, ya know...? We just keep praying for her and that everything will go as planned. Allison is going to be a little harder, but I love her SO much! She suffers from depression, so it is going to be more of a rollercoaster ride with her. We're going to help her understand the Atonement so that she can overcome depression. Please keep both of them in your prayers.

Like I also said I lose Sister Katterfeld this week. Tomorrow actually. I love her so so much! We clicked perfectly from the first second we were together. Haha yesterday I let her borrow my white jacket and blue polka dot skirt. I told her I must really love her because I've never let companions borrow my clothes before. Haha I do though! I love her SO much! I don't think she'll be able to call you--same rules apply to her as they do to me--but all you have to do is go to Temple Square and ask one of the other sisters. They'll find her easily for you. That's what I'll be doing in February....

We have our Christmas conference this week. Saturday is more of a migling and lunch and musical program. Sunday we have a special guest coming. They haven't told us who. The only thing they've said is that it's Sister Hales Behives advisor, "and her husband...." Sillies. They said no picture taking though on Sunday. Interesting. It must be like a celebrity or something! Lol...

The last picture is of me and Amber Perez. She is so amazing! I love her so much! She leaves on her mission this Wednesday. Her and Sister Katterfeld are actually on the same flight! She reports to the MTC Dec 15.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Have a GREAT week!!!!

Love, Sister Denson

Sister Katterfeld, Hermana Guzman, Sister Barros

Sister Katterfeld and Sister Denson

Sister Katterfeld, Sister Denson, Hermana Guzman, Sister Barros

Sister Denson and soon-to-be-Sister Perez

President's email: "Miraculous Week"
President:

This has been such an amazing week. We have been working so hard for over a transfer now, with hardly any success. I know that it's all been a trial of my faith and how much I trust in the Lord. This week we were given so many blessings. We got a solid referral from Hollywood North elders a couple of weeks ago and we've taught her 4 times this week. Crystal is her name and she is so prepared. She knows that the Book of Mormon is true already. While we were teaching her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and before we were able to extend a date to her she asked what she has to do and when could she be baptized. It was so exciting! She wasn't able to come to church yesterday, but she came to the fireside and she absolutely loved it. She loved hearing from President Monson and being surrounded by such great young single adults.

Allison is the name of our other investigator. She is the girlfriend of an investigator of the Hollywood North sisters. She is really great and has a lot of faith. Funny thing is that the same thing happened to us when we visited her to extend a baptism date. She beat us to the chase too. And we weren't even behind because it was the first time that we visited her! Lol she feels the spirit so strongly as she meets with us and as we teach her about our Savior and His Atonement. We have great members that are helping so much with fellowshipping.

As you can probably guess I am not ready to give up my companion tomorrow. I love her with all my heart. We've definitely become life long friends. It's going to be especially hard to see her go. I love her so much President. She is such a fabulous missionary and a beautiful daughter of God.

I want to thank you and let you know how much I absolutely love serving in the YSA branch. I love these people so much and I am eternally grateful to be able to serve next to them. My heart and soul is in this work. I love being a missionary and I am fully committed to enduring to the end of my time as a full-time missionary.

I love you so much! I'm so grateful to serve with you!
I'll see you tomorrow.
Love, Sister Denson

No comments:

Post a Comment