Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010--It's SO cold down here!!

BRRRRR!! We have been so cold this week! It has been raining and raining and pretty much all we have done this week is walk and bus. It's been fun, but none of us are prepared for it! We don't want to turn the heater on in our apartment yet, so I had to buy an extra blanket for my bed. I didn't want to buy it, but knew it would be good for the coming "winter." So mom, yes, I would like it if you could send me a couple more sweaters. We're going to Plato's Closet today (I've never been before, but the sisters love it) so I'll see if there is anything cheap there.

Just to let you know we will be moving apartments at transfers. I'm pretty sure I'll stay in Nova YSA until February, but I think you'll be able to send packages straight to the apartment. It's just 5 miles east of us. On Broward Blvd and SR 7/441. They're super new apartments and really nice! President Hale kicked the elders out and put them in a dumpy apartment and is putting us sisters in there because the it is more centralized to our work and chapel. The Plantation apartment is clear up in the north west corner of our area. We're working in Ft Lauderdale and Hollywood alot lately.

Like I said in President Hales email we met this cool girl Azley yesterday. I was able to go to the baptism with her and fill her in on things and ask/answer questions. It was so fun. Then she came to the CES Fireside by herself! That's HUGE!! No one does that! She sat with us sisters and as we pulled out our notebooks to take notes she did the same! She was writing the entire time! It was so amazing! I'm excited to meet with her on Friday! I'll for sure let you know how it goes.

This week has still been slow, but we've met some really cool people. We know we are going to be blessed with all the referrals we are finding and sending and with all the people we talk to, but sometimes it's hard to remember that. Heavenly Father is testing our faith right now, and we are all supposed to be learning something, but it just hasnt' happened yet. I know tought that as we stay strong and have a good attitude through the hard times that we will see the blessings come.

My studies have been so great lately! Preach My Gospel is so amazing!! You all need to make it part of your own study. Brother Watson told us that we always need to be studying Chapter 3 because we always need to be able to answer questions for others. And he doesn't mean always as just missionaries, but always for the rest of our lives. With each calling in the Church we have the opportunity to teach. We need to become master teachers.
Maddi--and all of you. You need to watch the CES fireside from last night! It was so good! I want to print it off, but they only have the broadcast online right now. Maybe next week.

Mom, in the box that you are sending can you send those DVD's that we got at Deseret Book at Conference. I assume you guys aren't watching them... if you are, don't worry about it. We just want to watch some of the videos that they added to it. Namely, Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. The sisters were way excited when I told them the Church released it.

BTW yes, we are in a new trio. Hermana Barros came with us two weeks ago today. She is SO funny! Holy cow I love her. We all laugh SO much everyday and it just makes these hard weeks that much more fun!
Funny Story of the Week: We met God this week. His name is Joshua. He told us that the earth was created by bodily functions. As you can imagine--the land is the poo and the waters are the pee. Haha it was so hard to keep our composure as he was so serioulsy telling us this. He told us that his family wrote the Bible. They travel on the Nile, which is just east of us (as we were standing on Broward Blvd. AKA The A1A) and that he communicates through the television. Oh, and that Christ was crucified in Georgia. Man us missionaries have it all wrong! We're grateful we met him so he could clarify all these things for us.

That was Tuesday; Wednesday was super eventful too. This is how I described Wedesday: We rode 7 buses, walked 5-6 miles, talked to MANY crazy people, a lot of cool people and some very prepared people, our laughs were unlimited and the overall experience? Priceless. Man I love being a missionary!!! Only doing this are we able to have the experiences that we have.
I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the snow! After the weather being down to the 60's this week I am SUPER nervous for February! I FROZE!!!!!!!!
Love, Sister Denson

No comments:

Post a Comment