Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010--Hey Guys!!

Sounds like you had a great 4th of July! It didn't rain here on Saturday night, but we did have a fun night! We went and visited the sweetest guy in the hospital. He had gastric bypass surgery 5 years ago, and a few months ago he started having pains in his stomach. The doctors just thought it was gas, but turns out to be he had a hernia in his small intestine which twisted up and then got shoved up inside his stomach!! How horrible does that sound?? He's been in the hospital for a month and a half--with his stomach open!! It's just recently been closed up and on Saturday he got to have juice and jello for the first time. Crazy. He had such a good attitude about it. Maybe that has something to do with the amount of drugs he was on..... I'm not sure. Then we went to "English Class." Apuleyo, the one who was just baptized only speaks Spanish. A guy in our ward--mind you who is British--is teaching English classes. Lol it was ridiculous. John only speaks English--British English, and Apuleyo only speaks Spanish. It was a riot.
 
Sunday we went to church--I of course tried to fast because of fast Sunday, but got kicked in the rear end with a migraine. We stayed home for the rest of the night. I was so mad at myself. Yeah, that will be the last time I try that one. I haven't been getting migraines for a long time until just recently. I had one for 3 days a few weeks ago, before Zone Conference. I talked to the Bishop of the 4th ward who is a pharmacist. He told me to try Excedrin Migraine. It was gone in like 40 minutes! How ridiculous is that!
 
Anyway, you read about my day yesterday from Presidents email. We only heard a few fireworks all weekend. They had shops set up everywhere to buy the fireworks, but they only sold them on Saturday and Sunday. Oh speaking of which, mom, you forgot to add the money to go buy sparklers. Lol it was fun thought though! They've taken all the stands down, so the fun is over....
 
This week has been really long. I can't even remember what else happened.... I met with President on Wednesday for PPI's. All is well. He's so awesome. I love chatting with him one on one. I'm excited to go to Sisters Conference this week. We don't know anything about the conference except the theme is "what I wish I'd known earlier." I think they had one like this a year ago and the senior sisters taught a lot about what they wished they'd known earlier..... That's all I know though. We'll for sure get a Sister Missionary Mom photo.
 
Did you hear about Elder Steele? He got transferred on Wednesday right after PPI's. He went down to Homestead South (Our Tongan elder that just got transferred in from Oakland went home). We got a brand new missionary, Elder Henrie, from Park City. He said he would be related to the Henries down in Syracuse because any with the same spelling as him they are related to. I have no idea what his first name it. I met him for like 4 minutes on Sunday....
 
I was reading July's Ensign and it announces all the new mission presidents for this year. There is one that we might know....Stephen H Broadbent called to the Kenya, Nairobi mission. Is that our orthodontist.....? I can't remember what his middle initial is.
 
Yes, I bought a bike for my basket! I finally found one. I love it already. I'll get a picture this week and send it next week.
 
I'm glad you all are doing so well!! Oh, and I'm glad you got to see Mark and Julie this week. Julie wrote me a few weeks ago and I keep forgetting to write her back! Tell her its coming!!
 
LOVE YOU TONS!!!! Have a good week!!!
LOVE, Sam
 
I mean, Sister Denson!!! Lol Love ya!

President's email:

President!
 
What a fun pross Monday we had! We didn't have any set appointments all day, and we haven't been out on bike for a couple of weeks, so we thought we'd take advantage of it. We had a few potentials to stop by. We headed out and the weather was beautiful. Not too hot or humid. That all changed when we were about 10 miles from home. Haha it started pouring. It was so fun! The rain wasn't enough for us sisters in Miami, so what? Hermana Lealaogata got a flat tire! Haha She walked her bike 5 blocks north and 5 blocks east. We finally found the only bike store that was open yesterday. They fixed the flat and we were on our way (oh, they also put a basket on my bike too!:) ) So we get on the road again and head even further up north, no one was home, and the rain just kept coming. We started heading back down towards our apartment when what?? She got another flat tire!!! Being the most amazing person she is she had a wonderful attitude about it the entire time. She just kept saying how glad she was her "hair looked good today." She walked about 12 miles home and I just strolled casually on my bike. We made it home by 8:29. It was a fun day and we got to talk to a lot of people, but it was definitely a day that would happen "only as a missionary."
It was a fun experience.

I'm so excited to see you and Sister Hale this week! Sister Conferences are so fun!
 
Thanks so much for everything!!!
Love, Sister Denson

No comments:

Post a Comment