Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010--President's Email--Witnessed a Miracle!

This past Friday was a day that I have been waiting for since I got here to Miami and a day that Fabi and Morena have been waiting for for even longer. On March 31, 2010 when their dad signed the baptismal record papers it was a day that changed their life forever. They are now able to be a part of the Church that they have each come to love. Witnessing their baptism was something that I didn't think I was going to be able to do while I have been here. I never thought their dad would sign the papers and I knew their parents weren't able to get a divorce because of some circumstances. I realized that I needed to change my attitude. It was possible. We just had to keep praying for the opportunity. He wasn't happy about them getting baptized, but he knows that since he is leaving here soon to go back to Nicaragua there is nothing to lose. It was so amazing! They have both worked so hard for this and have been so patient! I'm so happy for them!!
Sunday was an amazing day. Our other investigator, Krystal Weidner, and her member husband Todd blessed their first baby. Brother Weidner never wanted to bless the baby, he wanted his dad to do it. After talking with our bishop he prayed a lot and came to the conclusion that he would bless Jacob. Then, with Elder Packer's talk he said it was a "slap in the face." It was the most beautiful baby blessing I have ever heard in my life. I couldn't believe the physical feeling that came over me when he started the blessing. So beautiful! Right after that, Fabi and Morena were confirmed. They too were so beautiful. Bishop is a very inspired man and recognizes and listens to the spirit. It was such a wonderful Sunday. It has been such a fun week getting those two ready for the day they've been waiting for for a really long time. I'm so grateful I was able to be there and participate in that wonderful event!

Love, Sister Denson


Picture sent to me by Tatiana, Fabi and Morena's sister who was baptized the end of December.

L-R: Sister Denson, Fabi, Morena, Sister Lealaogata

No comments:

Post a Comment