Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010--What a week!!

Hey Guys!
How are you?? I'm doing so much better! I had a migraine on Thursday-Friday, and another one on Saturday, and was throwing up on Sunday. Talk about CRAPPY!!! It stinks to have them on a regular day, but being a missionary, it's even worse!!!! I just lay in bed until it's gone. I had to take 3 of my Relpax to get the first one taken care of. Ugh! Then, I woke up with another one on Saturday, and we had a baptism! Then, Sunday's we wake up at 5:30 go get to the church right after 7:00 for meetings. Yeah, well I got up, was showering and had to rush out because I started throwing up. Sorry for the non-pretty picture. It was horrible. We skipped the meetings, went to Sacrament and then went home again. I felt so bad! Especially becuase we had a baptism Saturday afternoon. That was pretty much the only good thing that happened this week. I started paying attention to things and realized that I was super dehydrated. I've neglected drinking water or juice, but not on purpose! I'll be totally on top of it this week!

Okay, so enough of the lame part of the week, here's the good stuff!

Zone Conference-I always love Zone Conference, but this one was especially fun. We had our usual trainings, one by President Lake (my favorite person, who usually doesn't come to these types of things because he has to work), Sister Hale did a dinner training-how to have good wholesome meals that don't take a lot of time or money. Each of the Assistants spoke, both of which were wonderful! Elder MacDonald spoke on the Atonement and shared a little about his personal life. It was so heartfelt and profound! Elder Holland spoke on something that I can't remember right now! Oops! It was really, really good though! And then of course, the AMAZING President Hale. He's so amazing! He teaches so much, but you don't feel like you're being taught. It's kinda like Ryan Jenkins:) It's fabulous though. SO spiritually uplifting! After the trainings we were able to do some fun unity building activities. Of course, it wasn't fun with a migraine, but they were fun nontheless. If you look on the blog you can see some of the pictures. I'm in a purple shirt. Ha-you could probably recognize me though. I'm the only one with long blonde hair. It was so much fun because I got to do these activities with Elders and Sisters that I haven't seen for a while because we are serving at opposite ends of the mission. My old zone was there, Coral Springs. It was also sad because I had to say goodbye to two of the coolest elders. Elder Wing and Elder Nelson. It was sad, one of them started to cry! I felt so bad, so I gave him a handshake. Haha yeah, that's of course all I can do!
My FAVORITE two people on EARTH were there though!! The Lakes!!!! I was in the chapel talking to an elder when someone pull on my bag and asks, "What's this?" I turned around and it was President Lake!!! Oh I was so happy!!! Of course I can't give him a hug, so I just gave him a handshake too. Boo. He said Sister Lake would be there at about lunch time. I couldn't hardly focus because I was so excited to see her! Finally, lunch time came and they always excuse the sisters first, so I go walking down the hall, walk into the gym and who do I see?? Sister Lake!!! I ran around some other sisters and got the biggest hug ever from her. I love her so much!!!!! They are such examples to me! I got to visit with them a lot throughout the day. It was so wonderful! It was an exhausting day, both because of a migraine and a spirtually uplifting. They take all the energy out of ya!

That was Thursday. Friday we had Peter's baptismal interview. I haven't told you about Peter because we just met with him for the first time on Monday. He just showed up at the Homestead ward two weeks ago. The Homestead elders taught him the Restoration. He prayed about it, received his answer and called them back and asked when he could be baptized. Cool huh! He came to the Snapper Creek YSA last week, so we were able to meet him there. It is a requirement for our investigators to come to church at least twice before they get baptized. He was so prepared! We taught him the rest of the stuff Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then he got baptized on Saturday. And guess who called us to tell us they were going to come to the baptism!! The Lakes!! I answered the phone and President Lake said they were going to try and make it down. Not nesicarrily to see the baptism, but to see me. I think they love me a lot! :) I LOVE them to death, so it completely made my day. They came and then took us out to lunch afterwards. I love them! I miss them! I have to go back to Boca before I leave! Oh man, I love them and I love zone conference.

Okay, as for the rest of my email:

We should be good for things for Sister Schulthies' birthday party. We get money from members to feed us, but we haven't spent it. She always brings it up, that we should go out to eat, but I always change the subject;) I'll spend that next week on her birthday. It's so fun! She knows nothing about it, yet every one of us in the district are in on it and so are her brother and sister-in-law:):) Stacia got some decorations to set up. I'm so excited! Let me know next week if you talk to her mom any more. Every single detail counts!

I really do need to go to the dentist. I've tried to put if off as long as possible, but everytime I floss I can feel in like 3 different areas that I have cavities. They hurt! Dr. Correy said to do regular check-ups because I definitely need them.

I did get my Relpax and Singulair filled. Ouch! I used 4 of my 5 relpax in two days, so I wanted to be safe just in case I got another one. So far, so good!

As for the skirts. I love my grey skirt with the pockets (I'm wearing it today), but it's too flowy for riding my bike. I'd love it if you could some how get pockets on the pattern that my other printed skirts are in, but totally understand if you cant. Just stick with the patterened skirt style, and yes 27 1/2 inches. Maybe even 28 or 29. Just to be safe for riding bikes:)

We gave Krystal her blanket. We felt so bad though, because she sent us a text that said she wasn't ready for us to come over. We didn't get that text and showed up anyway. It was just her that we gave it to, and then we got to peak at Jacob for just a second. We are going over later this week, so I'll definitely get some then.

I'm so glad the Hales called you! Sister Schulthies overheard President say that that picture is in one of the top 10 gifts he's ever received. They're like his best friends! We all joked as we were taking the picture that we were the only ones who gets a picture with all 12 Apostles! Haha They loved it!!! He was giddy like a little boy when I gave it to him. He was very touched. Thank you so much!

Oh, that picture that you got with Brother Wilcox is awesome! Can you get a print of the picture and send it to me. The one of my zone and President and Sister Hale. Sister Felton got one and I LOVE it! Minus Elder Zubia. He totally ruined the picture! Oh well. It's still awesome.

Well, I think that about covers it! I'll attach the picture of Peter at his baptism next week. Sister Schulthies is using my camera right now and my time is up.

LOVE YOU all so much!!! I hope you all feel better! You're in my daily prayers!
Thank you for everything you do!
Love, Sister Denson

No comments:

Post a Comment