Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19, 2010--Baptisms Tonight!!

We have two baptisms tonight!!!! I'm so excited for these two girls! I don't know if I told you, but there are two companionships in the Nova Branch. A set of elders and a set of sisters. The elders teach the guys and the sisters teach the girls. It's interesting. Anyway Sarah, 19 and Hannah, 21 are both getting baptized tonight. Sarah is rock solid! I love her so much!! She is already counting dow the days until her 21st birthday so she can serve a mission. She is so amazing! Hannah is such an interesting girl. I love her, but it is just harder to love her. She's great though. She was very active in her Penticostal church, and is taking a lot of grief from loved ones and friends by being baptized. It's made her really strong. I'll send a picture next week of tonight.
Could you send me the recipe that LuAnn gave me while I was there. I figured it's a good way to put the Reese's that Jason sent me to good use. Lol It should be on the fridge.

I was wearing my brown earth shoes the other day and the fron of the sole on my left shoe is coming off. I know they have a lifetime guarentee of them. I don't know where the receipts are though. I know I threw the boxes out while I was at home, but I don't know about the receipts. Could you check on their website and see what I need to do to get them replaced? Thanks!

We have another investigator, Christina, that is so rock solid too. She actually went to school with Sarah, and two members. The members brought her to church 2 weeks ago. A member referral!!! They do exist!!!! It was so awesome. She is praying about a baptism date right now for November 16, so pray for her! She'll be at the baptism tonight, and we know that that will help her with her answer. We're so excited for her!

I really don't like growing old in the mission. I had to say good bye to 2 of the coolest elders ever yesterday. It's their last transfer and it was the last time I would see them. Elder Hudson goes back to New York, but is going to BYU the next semester, so it made me really happy when he said he'd see me at my homecoming. Except I don't want to talk about my homecoming. Lol I just got back!! He said to keep him posted though so he can drive down. He's so great!!! Elder Ricks was in our district, but got transferred to Boca last Tuesday. He reminds me so much of Zack. I don't know why, but he just does. He's so great. He's grown so much since last year when I served with him in Miami. He's great. We got to hear his testimony yesterday and I'm so proud of him! Lol He's come a long way.

The last picture is of Sarah with Dom and Devon. Devon got baptized in May I believe and just got his answer that he needs to serve a mission! I'm so excited for him! He baptized Dom in August and is baptizing Sarah tonight. They have the funniest and worst underbites I've ever seen in real life. They are so funny and have the most rock solid testimonies. They're great! I wish you guys could meet them!! Some day...

Well, I gotta go. Sorry it's so short! We had kind of a slow week.....

Love you tons and tons!

Love Sister Denson

PS Zack and Mal--So sorry for not sending a card! Hope you guys had a great day! I thought about you a lot on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment