Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9, 2009--HELLO!!!

Hey guys!!! How is everyone?

I'm doing really good! Mom, President called me just after he got off the phone with you. He told me that he had a hard time believing you when you told him that I was shy at home. The only reason why he believed it was because it was my mom that told him it. He thinks I'm going to be the General Young Women's President some day and has requested tickets to General Conference. He was like, "Please don't forget about me when you get called to that amazing calling." Haha silly president. I made him promise me though that he wouldn't forget about me when he's called to be a general authority. Haha it's a deal we have between us now. When I was on the phone with him, he was like, "Is Sister Eland just standing by you staring at you doing nothing?" I was like, "She's actually braiding my hair! Its a win-win situation. She loves to do hair (she's the cosmetologist I told you about a while ago) and I love my hair being played with! It's perfect!" He always compliments me on my hair, so he said, "I bet your hair would be very pretty with beautiful soft curls in it." Haha how hilarious, so I told him that Sister Moore has braided it before and then I slept with it in and when I took it out I did have beautiful soft curls. He loved it, so he's requested that I do that for Zone conference so he could see it. Haha I love President Hale.

So, as you can see, Sister Eland is my new companion and as you read in my email to President, we are two very different people. When I heard we were companions, I was like What?? We are so different!!! But I love her. She's amazing and I love the way she does missionary work. Sister Ellsworth told us all about her family and missionaries on the drive home from transfers. Yes, I knew about Sister Call and her brother. I think you told me about them before I came out. I do remember hearing Elder W....'s name, but didn't get to meet him.

We are all very connected down here. Everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everyone's story. Very unified. I'm sure you've seen, but Elder Langford is in my district. He's awesome and such a gentleman. I love serving with him. And Sister Olson and Call are together and on bikes. Cool huh. They were so excited!! They are the only 2 sisters on bikes. They are like the Guinea pigs.

We haven't had a very exciting week... Oh, except we set 2 baptismal dates! Oliver, the one who was high the first time we met him, and Alex. I think I've told you about him. Let me know if I haven't.

Have you guys heard from Lauren? The last thing I've heard about her is that she sent me a letter and 2 weeks had gone by, but I hadn't gotten it yet. I still haven't heard from her and its making me really sad!!!!!

My navy blue skirt is 27.5 inches. I LOVE that skirt and the length it is. I would love a black one just like it. I forgot to tell you last week, I remembered right as we got in the car, that I didn't tell you about the bags. I would totally take either the black or brown one!! They are so dang cute!!!!! I think I like the black better though:)

I know this is so all over the place, but I'm trying to remember what has happened this week, and can't remember anything. It has been a really LONG week. We had 3 investigators at church yesterday. Alex, Oliver, and Jacquel-Alex's 11 year old step-sister. They all loved it and I'm so excited for them!!

I'm going to add a couple of pictures. One is of Sister Moore, me and Sister Lowe before we got split up and the other is of Sister Eland and I on our first night together. Elder Stewart, one of the Assistants, was talking to me at transfers and he told me I was going to be more angelic this transfer than I have ever been in my entire life. Hahaha I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what that is supposed to mean. I told that to President and he just chuckled and said the same thing. When Elder Stewart says some thing though, just nod your head and obey. President told me that when they are talking about who should attend what meeting and there is an elder sick president will suggest that they not let that elder come because he needs some rest, Elder Stewart will be like, "President, why don't we just go heal him?" He does it in such a serious way though. He knows with all his heart the power and authority that we hold. Every single person thinks he's going to be an apostle some day. He's AMAZING!!! So, if you notice that I am becoming more angelic through the weeks let me know. haha

Well, I know this is super short, but we are meeting a member for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen in 20 minutes. I'm not a fan of when they sign up to take us out on our p-day, but they do it without knowing it's our p-day.

I'll let you know how the sisters conference is. I'm so excited for it!!
I LOVE YOU ALL and Pray that you will have a good week!!
LOVE YOU!!
LOVE, Sister Sammi Denson




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sammi!

    Glad to hear that things are going well for you! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    -Christine Stephens (Standard Examiner)

    ReplyDelete