Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009--Hey Guys!!

Can you believe I've been out for 4 months????? Time is flying WAY TOO FAST! Okay before I forget, Maddi, yes I got Elder Swains letter (Wednesday or Thursday) and the cutest picture of him and his companion "bored on p-day." It is such an adorable snap shot. I hope he sends it to you too. The only thing is that he has his tag on the wrong side. Silly Elder Swain. I haven't gotten anything from Lauren yet. Its making me really really sad. Is she sending them USPS? and I'm EXCITED for Jessika's letter!!
Okay, I'm glad you guys had a fast-paced week. I did too! Zone Conference was amazing. I can't even tell you how amazing. They are so powerful! After each one, I'm like completely spiritually drained. Oh, and I gave a talk too! They give us a talk each time to study so we can be prepared for the day. Then they call 4 missionaries to give a talk. You've got about 3 minutes notice to give it. Yeah, I gave a whole 3 minute talk with NO notes!!! ME! Someone who had to write her farewell talk word-for-word! Heavenly Father is blessing me so much!
Sister Gwynn is my favorite. She updates me daily on facebook. Haha I don't think it was the best choice though to take pictures in Sharing Time... Oh well, it's done.... She is from Honduras, and her husband is from West Jordan area I believe. They are so missionary minded and she is so willing to go when we need her because she loves to help out with her Spanish. I'm not officially learning Spanish, but I feel like we are meeting more and more Spanish speaking people each day. I just asked her to help me because 1) I love her to death, and 2) I've just had this feeling that I need to learn Spanish. Hmmmm......
Sister Eland and Sister Moore both braided my hair Monday night because president wanted to see it with soft beautiful curls. It turned out more crimpy than anything because they put 5 braids in it!! I felt like Snoop Dogg. A wanna be black girl. I'll add some pictures. President loved it and while I was talking to him he told me about Brother Bradley (Shawn) and how he was trying to remember my name while talking to president. He couldn't remember my name and so he goes, "You know, she looks like (such and such actress--Pres. Hales words).." President was like I have no idea who you're talking about. Missionary or actress. Shawn was like, you know, she's in this movie. President was like "I still have no idea who you are talking about." So President goes on to say that they finally figured out it was Sister Denson, but he still has no idea who the actress is. Sister Pirotta was standing next to me and goes, "Gwyneth Paltrow." President was like, "What??" She repeats and he was like, "That's it! How did you know??" It was funny. So President goes, "So, Sister Denson, a celebrity thinks you look like another celebrity!" Haha awesome..... I told him that I get told that more often then he thinks. He loved it though. Even though he doesn't know who she is.
Anyway! Thanksgiving Dinner--I will forward you President's email that talks all about it. He says to limit the dinners to 2 families and to keep them at 2 hours each. Good! I don't want to have to go family to family stuffing my face! Sad thing is we've had 3 invites! Ugh! Now we have to tell someone that we can't come. But our main focus that day is to find a family! It explains everything in Presidents email.
Neither Oliver or Alex got baptized this week. It's sad because both are SO ready to be baptized, but they just don't have any faith in themselves. Total bummer. We're giving Alex some time because he is really not willing to live the Law of Chastity. We're seeing Oliver tonight to see how we can help in any way.
As for the bikes: I got the same email you did. I don't know if I'm supposed to respond to the email, or what. I'll think about how I would do on a bike and then tell President on Wednesday when we see him for PPI's. I wouldn't mind it, because I want to get in shape, but if I stay in Boca I would hate it because our area is HUGE!! I'll talk to him about it though and let you know what he says.
I'm excited to get my bag this week! I'm also excited to see what else comes in that package, because it is the end of the month.... A new month starts..... A new pillowcase!!! I'm excited! I can't believe that we're practically done with November already! I feel like it just started a little while ago. Time is flying so fast!!!
I'm so excited that you guys get the missionaries over for dinner on Friday night. Ask them a lot of questions and tell me all about them! I'm so happy!!!
Well, we didn't have a very eventful week either. Sorry.
Have a wonderful week and a BEAUTIFUL Thanksgiving. Oh, another challenge that Sister Hale has asked us to do is to have one prayer each day to say everything we are grateful for. A prayer of thanks. I love it. Its just telling Heavenly Father everything you are grateful for without asking for ANYTHING! Try it! It's so wonderful!
Well, I feel like this is another one of those scattered emails. I'll try and get better at making them more flowy.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!
Love, Sister Denson :):)



No comments:

Post a Comment