Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Family!

Hello! Hello!! How are you guys?? I'm doing good! Right now, at least. It's our first prep day and really nice to have time to ourselves outside the classroom.

Wednesday seemed like a blur, Thursday was the longest day of my life. We were in class ALL day, and I didn't sleep at all the night before, so I was really tired. Luckily, it wasn't just me. All of us were in a daze. Friday was definitely better. I got a good night's rest on Thursday so I was re-energized.

My companion, as I told you is 26. What I found out after the first day is that she acts a whole lot younger. I'm trying not to complain, but I am venting a little. She sleeps in until the last second, so we're late to class a lot. She mumbles a lot, and is pretty unorganized. I feel like her mom sometimes, picking up after her. Oh, and she drops EVERYTHING! Okay, that's all the venting I'm going to do. I'm limiting myself. She's very quirky but so sweet. She's definitely testing my patience. I feel a little stressed because the other companionship of sisters is SO spiritual and united. I know we're not supposed to compare yourself, but sometimes it's hard not to. I just keep praying for patience, and keep working on building our companionship.

Anyway, the classes are awesome. We have the most amazing teachers. All three of them are really young and charismatic, so they really know how to apply the lessons to us. My Branch President is President Newsome. He is unreal--a lot like Bishop Chandler, but at the same time different. He's amazing. That's all there is to it. And Mom, don't worry. His wife is taking the "Mom role" for the sisters very seriously. Each night she walks us to our residence hall after class. She's so sweet. I'm already going to miss them in a couple of weeks.

So my district is amazing. There are only 10 of us. Four sisters and six Elders. All of us sisters but one are going to Ft. Lauderdale. The other is going to Phoenix. Her name is Sister Brobst and she reminds me a ton of Nique Wakefield. She's adorable. We're sad she's not coming with us. All of the Elders but one are going to Phoenix. There is only one going to Ft. Lauderdale. Word on the street is that there is about 17 flying out to Ft. Lauderdale. I hope it's true! That'd be so awesome!

Maddi--tell Dezi it's going to be a hard first week. I haven't felt as down as I have been in a long time, but I also haven't felt this happy at times either. It's normal for each one, but just keep praying. OK though, I'm not getting preachy, just tell him to work through the struggles.

Well, we have to prepare a talk for Sunday, because the President asked us to. I'm not excited, but luckily it only has to be 5 minutes or less.

Oh, can you send my purple flip-flops when you send my address book? I hate the black ones and the red missionary journal. I want to fill that out as I go throughout my mission.

Okay. Well, have a wonderful week!!

I love you guys!!

Love, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment